The School of ITEE provides extensive, dedicated state-of-the-art ICT facilities to its students and researchers including:
- More than 20 superbly equipped laboratories - with dedicated facilities for:
- Embedded Systems
- Signal & Image Processing
- Sustainable Energy
- Dedicated IT and Engineering support staff
- Electronic and mechanical workshop facilities
- More than 400 Windows, Unix and Apple workstations with access to an 8 Terabytes Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Regularly updated workstations
- Sun SPARC Enterprise M4000 and v1280 Unix Servers with 32 and 24GB of memory
- A SGI Altix 350 20 Itanium2 CPU server with 40GB of memory
- Fully switched, Cisco Catalyst 3xx0 series, 32-Gbps backboned network
- 802.11g wireless networks for staff and students
- 30+ networked laser and colour printers
As one of Australia's leading universities, UQ offers the latest world-class facilities across several campus locations. Students have access to high-tech and comprehensive libraries, personal computer networking and some of the world's finest research centres operating at the cutting edge.
UQ also provides a wide range of academic, administrative and personal support services on all campuses, as well as access to a variety of recreation, sporting and social activities.