The School of ITEE has a strong, internationally recognised research base. The staff and students within the School are widely published and attract highly competitive grant funding and industry sponsorship.
The School conducts research in a diverse range of areas across the ICT and Engineering fields.
The School is associated with a number of research centres at the forefront of technological innovation and include:
- ARC Research Network in Enterprise Information Infrastructure
- Centre for Discrete Mathematics & Computing
- Centre for Medical Diagnostic Technologies in Queensland (MedTeQ)
- ARC Key Centre for Human Factors & Applied Cognitive Psychology
- Centre for Advanced Imaging
- Centre for Microscopy & Microanalysis
- ARC Special Research Centre for Quantum Computer Technology
- The Queensland Brain Institute