School of
Information Technology and Electrical Engineering

The University has a well defined procedure in place to handle student complaints and grievances. A summary of this procedure is outlined below.

Step One:

In the first instance, a student (or group of students) should attempt to resolve the matter in question with the staff member that they would normally deal with which may be:

  • The Course Coordinator - for teaching and assessment or course administration matters
  • The enquiries counter staff - for general administrative or facilities matters
  • IT Helpdesk - for email service and IT problems
  • Laboratory Supervisors
Step Two:

If the student is dissatisfied with the response received at the first stage, the matter can be escalated to a more senior person. If the matter in question is unrelated to teaching, students should contact the School Coursework Studies Office to find out who the appropriate supervisor is and the best way to contact this person.

In case of academic matters, students should:

  • Proceed to contact the ITEE Director of Coursework Studies
  • If the matter remains unresolved, the student should then contact the EAIT Faculty Associate Dean Academic
  • Should the matter still remain unresolved, the student should proceed to contact the Senate Student Appeals. Refer to 5.7 of

To find out more about students rights and responsibilities, please refer to the University's Student Charter.